In memory of those who fought in the First World War
Cupar postal roll of honour. Cupar post office staff who served in the Great War (dedication names).Honours palmam qui meruit ferat (dedication names). In the Great War they died for the cause of freedom (dedication names).
- Brown, Sapper John - S.C. and Telegraphist.
- Campbell, Sapper Alexander - Learner.
- Davidson, Sapper David - S.C. and T.
- Duncan, Pioneer Alastair C. - S. C. and T.
- MacLeod, Sapper John - Tel. Lineman.
- Wilson, Sapper Charles W. - S.C. and T.
- Wilson, Sapper John Gavin - Learner.
- Clogg, Corporal John Alexander - R.P.
- Low, Private James B. - Town Postman
- Balsillie, Gun. James - Auxiliary Postman
- Lieut. - Colonel C.E. Douglas, V.D. - Medical Officer - Royal Army Medical Corps. (T.F.).
- Harris Private Samuel - Rural Postman.
- Normand, Private Geo. - Rural Postman.
- Arbuthnott, Pte Jas. - Springfield Postman.
- Doig, L. Crpl. Alex. McI. - Town Postman.
- Ritchie, Lieut. Thomas D. - Dairsie Postman
- Ross, Private Walter - Rural Postman
- Sutherland, Pte James - Rural Postman.
- Johnston, L.-Cpl W. - Dairsie Sub-P'master.
- Schoffield, Pte James F. - Tel. Lineman.
- Rifleman John Duncan - Rural Postman - Cameronians, Scottish Rifles: Military Medal.
- Rifleman James Grant Carstairs - Town Postman - 8th Post Office Rifles: Military Medal.
- Sergeant William Anderson - Rural Postman - Machine Gun Corps: Killed 10.4.18.
- Private John Andrews - Rural Postman - 1st Black Watch: Died in Germany 21.7.18.
- Private David Cassels Howie - Rural Postman - 5th Royal Berks: Killed 28.3.18.
- Lance Corporal David Swinton - R.P. - King's Own Scottish Borderers: Killed 28.8.18.'
Cupar Sub-Post Office,